Players will have more difficulty options for Heroic and Nightfall Strikes.
There’s a lot more coming to Destiny 2’s update 1.2.0 than initially thought. In its latest weekly blog, Bungie outlined some more quality of life functions that players could expect. Some new things have also been added including modifiers for Heroic Strikes and a Legendary Nightfall Challenge Card.
Senior Investment Designer Daniel Auchenpaugh stated that Heroic Strikes have been made tougher in Season 3 but to make up for this, there will be three modifiers in the playlist – a weekly Burn, an Advantage and a Disadvantage, the latter two rotating daily. The Burns include Arc, Solar and Void, which add 25 percent increased elemental damage (both outgoing and incoming). The Advantages are as follows:
- Brawler: Double melee recharge rate and damage
- Grenadier: Double grenade ability recharge rate and damage
- Heavyweight: Triple Power ammo drop rate, double Power weapon damage
Of course, Bungie is also looking to throw some Disadvantages at players to keep things interesting. Check them out below.
- Glass: Players Health and Shields are halved, but recharge rates are doubled.
- Blackout: Radar is disabled, and enemies do 20x increased melee damage
- Iron: Enemies no longer stagger, and health pools are increased by 50%
- Grounded: Players take 5x damage while airborne
Furthermore, for those who want to earn increased scores in the Nightfall (which lead to better chances for Emblems and unique loot drops), there’s the Legendary Challenge Card. Xur is the one who will upgrade your Rare Challenge Card to Legendary and from there, you can choose a Burn, an Advantage/Disadvantage and two more Disadvantages. Glass won’t be available as a Disadvantage but everything above applies.
Legendary Nightfall Challenge Cards will also have their own unique disadvantages, which you can see below:
- Extinguish: Return the fireteam to orbit on a wipe
- Famine: Ammo drops reduced by 50%
- Match Game: Players must match their damage type to the enemy shield type
- Attrition: Health regen is slowed greatly, and enemies drop health orbs
- Momentum: Health regenerates only when the player is moving
Destiny 2’s Warmind DLC will launch on May 8th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC with update 1.2.0 being deployed on the same day. What are your thoughts on the Legendary Nightfall Challenge Card system? Let us know below.