Along with the new Vending Machine and a limited time mode for Fortnite: Battle Royale, Epic Games’ content update v3.4 brings a ton of different changes to weapons. For instance, weapons like the Suppressed Submachine Gun, Pistol, Suppressed Pistol, Hand Cannon and Assault Rifle now have first shot accuracy.
This essentially means that if you’re aiming while stationary and haven’t fired the weapon recently, the first shot fired will have 100 percent accuracy. This is denoted by the closed aim reticle. In addition to this, damage fall-off has been adjusted – the Suppressed and Tactical Submachine Guns will now have damage fall-off starting at 24 meters. Past this point, at 35 meters, damage is reduced to 80 percent. At 50 meters, damage will be 65 percent.
The Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle have damage fall-off beginning at 50 meters – at 75 meters, damage will be reduced to 80 percent while at 100 meters, it will be reduced to 65 percent. If that wasn’t enough, the headshot damage multiplier has been reduced to 2x, down from 2.5x, for weapons that now have First Shot Accuracy. Check out the full balance changes below and patch notes here:
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Many weapons now have First Shot Accuracy.
- Included weapons:
– Suppressed Submachine Gun
– Tactical Submachine Gun
– Suppressed Pistol
– Hand Cannon
– Assault Rifle
– Burst Assault Rifle
- When aiming, standing still, and the weapon has not fired recently, the first shot will be 100% accurate. When this is active, the aim reticle will be completely closed in to indicate this state.
- Damage fall-off has been adjusted for weapons with First Shot Accuracy.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun and Tactical Submachine Gun
– Fall-off begins at 24 meters.
– Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters.
– Damage reduced to 65% at 50 meters.
- Pistol and Suppressed Pistol
– Fall-off begins at 28 meters.
– Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters.
– Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters.
– Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Revolver and Hand Cannon
– Fall-off begins at 35 meters.
– Damage reduced to 70% at 60 meters.
– Damage reduced to 40% at 85 meters.
- Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle
– Fall-off begins at 50 meters.
– Damage reduced to 80% at 75 meters.
– Damage reduced to 65% at 100 meters.
- Headshot damage multiplier reduced to 2x for weapons with First Shot Accuracy (was 2.5x).