Season 4 of Epic Games’ perennially popular Fortnite has officially been revealed via a brand new trailer (which you can see for yourself below). The meteor, which had been getting closer to the map over the last few weeks, finally collided today, opening up a new area of the map, and also bringing new content in its wake.
Dusty Divot (née Depot) turned out to be the part of the map that got hit by the meteor, and now has a nice big yawning crater in the center (there are other impact sites through the map, too, but none were affected quite so badly). There are also bug fixes and balance tweaks- you can check out the full list of changes and additions for yourself below.
Fortnite is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. A version of it is also out now on iOS, with an Android version promised. A Switch version has been openly discussed and heavily rumored, but for now, there is no confirmation on that front.
- Input settings are now filtered based on game mode.
- They’ve also been grouped by category (Combat, Building, Editing, etc.) to make it easier to search through them.
- Added icons for the tabs at the top of the Settings screen.
- Added “Ignore Gamepad Input” option to the Accessibility settings tab.
- This setting can be helpful to players who use external programs to remap their controller input and need the game to ignore the controller input.
- Fixed a crash when using radial menus.
- Improved texture streaming behavior when using a scope.
- Fixed some objects being rendered using low resolution textures.
- Fixed weapon ammo count display in the HUD sometimes being incorrect.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
- Tracking for the Self Refund issue can be found here.