Digital Extremes has prepared another substantial update for its free to play third person title Warframe. Beasts of the Sanctuary is now live for PC and it brings several new features like Sanctuary Onslaught mode. This mode essentially sees players entering Cephalon Simaris’s Sanctuary to battle different “specimens”, killing them as quickly as possible before moving on to the next area.
Along with receiving boosts to Focus and various Endo rewards, players will also be rewarded with Relics and the blueprint/parts for Khora, the new Frame. Khora’s abilities focus on strangling and ensnaring enemies and she also has a metal Kavat that can be summoned to either heal, attack or defend her. Several new weapons like the Dual Keres swords, Hystrix sidearm and the Veldt rifle.
The update isn’t without its issues – several players are reporting crashes and other bugs. A new hotfix, 22.18.1, is now live to rectify these issues but you might want to hold for a bit before other things get resolved. Check out the full patch notes for the new features here.
Update 22.18.0 – Beasts of the Sanctuary
NEW WARFRAME: KHORA!
Tenno and beast, red in whip and claw. Khora and her Kavat companion, Venari, embody lethal versatility. Two bodies, one will.
PASSIVE: Beastshield – Increased Armor for each Pet in range.
WHIPCLAW: Send enemies reeling with a deafening whipcrack.
ENSNARE: Bind a hapless target in living metal, entangling others who stray too close. Disperse the trap with a crack of the whip.
VENARI: Summon a ferocious, gleaming Kavat. Use again to cycle between Attack, Protect, and Heal postures.
STRANGLEDOME: Weave a dome of living chain that ensnares and strangles any enemy within, and any foolish enough to approach.
KHORA DELPHI HELMET
A uniquely-styled alternate Helmet for Khora.
Flowing lines meet sharpened spikes in Khora’s signature Syandana.
- Fire, ice, electricity, or poison: choose an element and launch a flurry deadly quills. This versatile sidearm is Khora’s signature weapon.
- Guaranteed Elemental Status Effect on each hit, in addition to Status Effects from the weapon’s Status Chance.
- Blueprint available in the in-game Market
- Tear through any target with these vicious, claw-like blades. The signature swords of Khora.
- Blueprint available in the in-game Market
- Precise calibration, rapid trigger-pull and a steady hand all combine to bring down the hardiest prey on two legs or four.
- Can be researched in the Tenno Lab Dojo room
NEW ZAW PARTS!
Hok’s busier than a mime with a skin rash, but has acquired some new Zaw parts for your crafting pleasure! Find him in Cetus today!
A balanced Zaw Strike for Nikana and Staff weapons. A steady blade for steady hands.
A heavy Zaw Strike for Machete and Hammer weapons. Measure twice, strike once… heavily.
DOKRAHM: A light Zaw Strike for Scythe or Hammer weapons. Lightweight, for flash and bite.
SHTUNG: A two-handed Zaw Grip for measured strikes and greater impact.
KORB: A one-handed Zaw Grip for measured strikes and greater impact.
NEW ENDLESS GAMEMODE!
“Hunter, you have proven your dedication to the cause. It is time to enlighten you, to show you what we have built together. It is time to enter the Sanctuary.
In the simulated universe of the Sanctuary, my data-immortals have fought each other countless times. Through this violence, I have studied and documented their true character. But my study cannot be complete without the power of the Tenno, the most powerful specimen in the system — you. Your duty in this experiment is to kill as many specimens as efficiently as possible. In this chaos, the true nature of these creatures will be revealed… as will yours.”
– Cephalon Simaris
Must complete The New Strange quest.
WHERE TO GO
Talk to Cephalon Simaris at his Sanctuary in any Relay OR select Sanctuary Onslaught in the Syndicate World State Window tab.
- ZONES: the equivalent of a ‘Wave’, ‘Round’, etc! This is a new Endless mode, thus, new terminology!
- DATA-CONDUITS: Portals to the simulated combat!
- (X) EFFICIENCY: the means to keep a Conduit open!
WHAT TO DO
- Enter the Conduit to the Sanctuary and maintain Efficiency against increasingly difficult Specimens for 2.5 minutes.
- Each Specimen you kill attributes to your overall Efficiency, with Eximus Specimens attributing more.
- Efficiency Stimulus’ are spawned per zone that each grant 10% Efficiency – use them wisely!
- Each zone after the first triggers a 45 second Focus Boost that scales in multiplier (MAX of 16x) – kill Specimens as fast as you can!
- When a zone is complete, Simaris will open a Data-Conduit to a new and harder zone within his Sanctuary.
ELITE SANCTUARY ONSLAUGHT (WEEKLY HARD MODE)
Welcome to Simaris’ true stress test.
Each week Simaris simulates a predetermined sequence of tilesets and Elite Specimens. This Onslaught is not for the leisurely, as Specimens are stronger and Simaris’ rewards for your Elite data mimic your efforts.
YOU CAN PLAY THIS AS MUCH AS YOU WANT; THE SPECIFICS OF THE ELITE MODE CHANGE WEEKLY
Simaris seeks data on the Elite using his own rules. This is his simulation, after all, and his rules are:
- No Gear! The Gear wheel, Specters, and Emotes are disabled in Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite. Strictly no Dancing in Simaris’ world.
- Simaris demands only Rank 30 Warframes can compete in the Sanctuary.
- An overuse of Warframe abilities can skew Simaris’ data. You may find he has different tolerance levels against ultimates than first abilities. You may never even encounter this rule, but if you do, know that it is only temporary.
- Each Conduit entered/Zone advanced removes current buffs, active Warframe abilities, combo multipliers, and resets Energy to the respective base level. Harder enemies from a baseline!
- The amount of Efficiency Stimulus that spawn decreases the deeper you go into the Sanctuary. Simaris is (somewhat) kind and will always spawn at least 1.
- Increase your pace! The deeper you go into the Sanctuary the faster your Efficiency drops.
- Specimens do not drop real-world things like Mods/Resources in Simaris’ Sanctuary. Rewards certainly do exist, though. Focus Boons and Reward Tables (below) aplenty! We are also going to introduce a series of rewards once this launch is out – there will be more to come!
- Leaderboards are available based on overall score for both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught that Simaris will reset weekly.
- REWARDS: Rewards are given per 2 successful zones in an AABC rotation in both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.